Allen Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

 % John Sechrest wrote:
 % > All that this means is that you can't take thier software and copy
 % > thier services. It is not a huge broad reaching statement that you are
 % > outlining.

 % Your interpretation is what they should have said.  But it isn't
 % what the words mean.  And in a court of law it is the latter
 % that is important.

 I think that you will find that the court will take the point of
 view that they are talking about thier own IP. And I think you will
 find there is case law that supports this, so this interpretation
 is likely to be the one that the courts use.

 % I have never before seen a contract which says I forfeit all
 % rights to my IP.

 None of these contracts cause you to forfeit your own IP. Only
 laying claim to their own IP.

 % > I use economy domains. They work fine. And if you really think that
 % > it is a problem, then we should get a local LUG registrar together
 % > so that we can have the rules that we want instead of the other way
 % > around.

 % Hmm.  How hard would this be?

 Probably not hard. It is only a question of what other agreements
 have to be signed and what volume requirements are there.

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively
                             .