On 10/26/06, euglug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a client with a T1 and a DSL.  I would like to split the traffic
> between them.  For example, email comes in the DSL and web traffic comes
> in the T1.  I found it's more complicated than just adding another
> default route to the server which has only one NIC.

Do you mean that this is a server setup and the traffic that "comes
in" is actually a request (a web browser, an email, etc) from the
outside world? If that's the case, it might be simplest to assign
multiple IP's to the interface (or add a second one) and have each
service only listen on one of them. Then, use source-based routing to
make sure that traffic for each of them stays separate and goes out
the desired default route. This trick is also useful for migrating
servers from one subnet to another without downtime; the same box can
happily be delivering service on two networks while you wait for DNS
changes to propagate.

But as mentioned above, more info about what exactly you are trying to
accomplish would help produce more useful answers.

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-