The article refers to variation in handes, size, shape, and I even found
reference to "platic/poly jerrycans" in other sources (for instance,
documenting the airborne use of non-metal jerrycans)... so it is
like a widget for holding liquid fuel, is there any better description?  :)

ben

On 2/26/07, LinuxRocks! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 09:39:12AM -0800, Bob Miller wrote:
> Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:39:12 -0800
> From: Bob Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: euglug@euglug.org
> Subject: Re: [Eug-lug] OT -- electric car
>
> LinuxRocks! wrote:
>
> > Im not hip to jerry cans, so I gotta ask, what the heck is a jerry
can?

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerrycan
>
>     "A jerrycan or jerrican or jerry can is a robust fuel container
>      made from pressed steel."

after looking at the wikipedia entry, I realized that i didnt even know
they had a name, but the text really doesnt describe them well.

Jamie