Louis ross Telecommutes to Orange county from the Oregon coast.
He has an asterisk in production and has done presentations about it.

In addition, Proworks in Corvallis recently switch to an asterisk solution
and are testing it.

We also have a local corvallis ISP-type company that has explore
offerings with asterisk. they could explay more if you need details.

I suspect we do have the expertise around in corvallis and the
surrounding areas if you need it.

Garl Grigsby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

 % So, I'm coming to a crossroads. In the next 3-6 months one of the
 % companies I work with will need to add capacity to their existing phone
 % system and it would be VERY helpful if they could accommodate some
 % external (VPN) VOIP users. After looking into the costs of expanding
 % their existing PBX [1] and adding VOIP capabilities, which amounted to
 % serious ouch factor, I am looking for some real world, production
 % experience with Asterisk. Has anybody put one of these systems into
 % production (locally)? If so, I have a couple of questions:
 %
 %     * How is the sound quality?
 %     * Do you/Have you had problems with echo?
 %           o If so, what did you do to fix it?
 %     * What handset did you use?
 %     * What type did it end up costing per extension?
 %     * Are you happy with it?
 %     * How much maintenance does it require?
 %     * How easy is to to maintain (add users, reset passwords, etc)?
 %     * How much time did it take to get the initial setup working?
 %
 % The system I am looking at would probably be 25 hand sets with 1 or 2
 % conference phones. Currently I have 4 incoming POTS lines, and that may
 % need to be expanded to 6 in the near future.
 %
 % Thanks,
 % Garl
 %
 %
 % [1] This system is one of the most obnoxious, poorly documented, pieces
 % of **** I have ever had the displeasure to work with. Simple things take
 % hours to figure out, if you can decipher the gibberish they call docs at
 % all. Their 'interface' software is so arcane that and painful to use
 % that I would almost rather staple my lower lip to my forehead than try
 % to use it. Arggg. I hates it. It burns me....
 % EUGLUG mailing list
 % euglug@euglug.org

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet