Is it two programmers plus other people who need to see it? Have you
ever tried "pair programming"? I haven't had much opportunity to try it,
but some people swear by it. If you're not familiar with it, go ahead
and google it, but I'd recommend going a bit further than the wikipedia
entry (the definition there is ok, but I've seen more convincing stuff).
Essentially, the concept is that with two programmers at one workstation
taking turns 'driving' and 'navigating', the result is high quality code
worth more than code written by the two individually. Obviously it's not
a fit 100% of the time, but if you subscribe to the concept of 'less is
more', there are obvious benefits.

Out of curiosity - the machine with the browser - is it meant to just
display a single page? No one is going to try to interact with it? Is it
just HTML or python/PHP/java/ruby/somethingelse?

I don't think you asked for suggestions on version control, but in case
anyone wants to hear my opinion, I prefer subversion :) (along with Trac
for project management and source code browsing).

- Jason L.

--
Jason LaPier
Network Manager