I am looking for someone to help plan and locally deploy a new server for an SF-based e-store company I've recently joined as CTO. This is a short-term contractor opportunity with potential for ongoing contractor support and/or full time employment.

I have an opportunity for either CentOS or Debian administration. My own sysadmin training was with Red Hat, so I tend to gravitate to CentOS, but I'm willing to be convinced that Debian may be a better choice for a growing company needing the ability to rapidly configure new
servers with aptget.

The complete current project involves:

   1. Choosing the best local co-lo in terms of high-availability,
   security, bandwidth, low latency and price
   2. Selecting an appropriate server for the site (RAID, plenty of RAM
   and CPU for MySQL database.
   3. Setting up system with tight firewall policies (know iptables
   well), tripwire reporting, daily backup process, documented recovery
   plan.
   4. Porting and Transitioning from current dedicated server.

Our e-commerce application is LAMP platform (Perl variation), so the server must have:

MySQL 5.0.1 or better to support our e-commerce application.
Apache 2.0 or better We utilize mod_perl heavily.
Perl with a number of added CPAN modules

We'd like the new server to position us for and anticipate some future changes such as:

   a. Separating image serving to a separate server.
   b. Separating Database server (back-end)
   c. Clustered, load-balanced, high-availability Web server front-ends
   d. hot-spare and failover

I have extensive knowledge of the current system (which runs on an older Fedora Core 4) and will be very active in the Porting and Transitioning
part of the project.

If you are interested, please send me a resume ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) along with your hourly rate and a rough estimate of the number of hours
you'd anticipate steps 1-3 above would require