On Mon, March 3, 2008 9:29 am, Rob Hudson wrote:
> Hi LUG,
 I set up an rsync script to synchronize (pull) all
> the web files down at night.  The problem is that it's dying about 25%
> of the way through.  From the log error output it appears that since
> rsync can sometimes take a bit of time, something happens to the
> network connection during the sync and drops the connection.

If you're using an SSH connection, Keep-Alives can help a lot with that.
Also, I recommend you check out:
<http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/>
It's been around for a while, and a lot of the rough edges are smoothed out.
No sense in reinventing the wheel if you don't have to.

-ajb