> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Mr O
>>
>> Seriously, influence the move from Zip the thumb drive. Zip
>> drives often die horrible deaths  it thumb drives keep getting
>> cheaper. Pick up a couple quality ones and duplicate their data
>> on them. One source, one backup.
>>

> I wonder if a system that old has hardware support for USB 2.0 without
> installing a card for it. Why not just transfer all of the Zip drive
> content to a hard drive? They're cheap enough these days.

I think you are right.

> (Ancient memory of a tech
> analyst's prediction that hard drive prices would never go below
> $1 per megabyte because of the minimum cost of production).

He was only off by 3 orders of magnitude, so far.  :-D

I remember taking a class where the instructor predicted gate
oxides would never go below 1200A.  At the time we were making
chips with 500A oxides.  Today some chips are down below 30A.
(But we finally are reaching physical limits.)
--
Allen Brown  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://brown.armoredpenguin.com/~abrown/
  Christ died for our sins.  Dare we make his martyrdom