Mr O wrote:
Splurge a little: http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/mdp130.asp

I've heard good things about that card. Yeah, I know, not developed with Linux in mind but I'm fairly certain it is supported.
That be all,
Mr O.

A hardware decoder would be nice, however, searches for various forms of "mdp130 linux" "myhd linux" "MDP130 mythtv" etc, return lots of "Does this work with linux" or "Are there drivers for this"/"I can't get a module to install"

By contrast, a search for "pchdtv mythtv" comes up with a howto, and quite a few " I plugged it in, picked hd-5500 in mythtv, and it worked".

I have no desire to much about with compiling drivers, finicky software, etc.
If it's not more or less plug and play, I'm not interested.

-ajb