I'm thinking of switching my desktop to Debian (testing) and was wondering who
is using a 64 bit distro in a desktop environment? What hurdles still exist?
What ups or downs have you noticed? Stability issues? Other comments?

DDR2 is pathetically cheap and DDR3 will likely become so as well making it all
too easy to plan systems with a minimum of 4GB RAM and looking forward 8 to 16
months at having a system with 12 to 16GB of RAM and multiple terabytes of disk
space. We'll also be seeing 8 core and higher CPUs hit the desktop as well.
Being able to take full advantage of the hardware by running multiple
concurrent operating systems, too many programs, and just short of a bajillion
tabs per browser is all I ask. Oh, and maybe the occasional game of
freecell.exe :)

That be all,
Mr O.