Is there a log file when I started X and when I quit X?  I would like
to know how long I was on and other user on the system.  I know in
bash you can do who but that tells who is online at that time and how
long they have been on.  If there isn't a command to say who is on X
or how long someone has been online.  Sometimes it seems like I've
been on a short time and 4 hours have passed.  Is there a time online
for the launcher panel?  If not it would be a good thing.  I know
there is a program which locks the screen for a time so you can take a
break. I would like a log to say. Timothy logged in at 9:30 am
Msy31,2009 and logged off at 11:30pm May31,2009.  A list like this
would be useful  I'm sure perl or python could do the job.

Thanks
Tim.