marbux wrote:
The data throughput speed depends a lot on how it's connected. E.g., USB 2.0 is slow but fast enough for a lot of back-up scenarios. It's what I'm using. But throughput speed has an inverse relationship to cable length.

If higher throughput speeds are important, you might check what options you have for eSATA connectivity.
Best regards,

Paul
a) cheap
b) connected

I'd prefer something Ethernet savvy, unless the price is just too low to ignore. That is assuming the router I now have. I suppose if push went shove, upgrading that piece to one with usb port(s) would be okay. Trying not to spend $, student budget an all.

Kaplan