I'll save a lot of time too, I If stop installing ISOs. (-:

So today, I had a meeting from 11:00 to 12:00.  Just as the
meeting started, I got my KVMoIP to display the desired BIOS
screen on a server in California.  So I pushed that window to
the back and started watching my boss's shared desktop.
80 minutes later, the meeting was over and I went downstairs
to eat breakfast and lunch.  Then I came back upstairs.

For two hours, the BIOS had been constantly repainting
the screen, and the KVMoIP had been faithfully sending
the same pixels over and over, as fast as the 'net could
carry them.  I got 2.1 gigabytes of that screen, for which
Verizon will charge me $21.

Sigh.

It's still cheaper than moving to San Jose. (-:

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Bob Crandell <b...@computerbaseusa.com> wrote:
> I have a client out that way.  I just couldn't remember how far out you
> were.
>
> Stop downloading ISOs and you'll save a lot of money.  (^;

> Verizon's MiFi works right here AT my house.  In fact, I'm using it
> right now.  AT&T does not have any cell towers within ten miles of here.
>
> It is pretty expensive, though.  $10/gigabyte.  I just keep telling
> myself it's cheaper than moving back to San Jose.  (-:
>
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Bob Crandell <b...@computerbaseusa.com>
> wrote:
>> We used to resell ClearWire.  They were great.  Something changed, I don't
>> remember what and now we won't.
>>
>> I've been recommending Verizon.  They have a hotspot thingy that works
>> almost all the way out by KBob's house.  AT&T might have something
>> similar.
>>  It's close to the same price as ClearWire.
>>

>> Bob Crandell
>> Assured Computing, Inc.
>> http://www.assuredcomp.com/
>> 541-868-0331
>> ComputerBase
>> http://www.computerbaseusa.com/
>> 541-349-0404

>> Thinking of a switch, or at least an alternative to Comcast. Not that
>> Comcast is bad, just exploring alternatives.
>>
>> We don't have a real big bandwidth need at home...
>>
>> Anyone with recent experience?
>>
>> Matt Jarvis
>> Eugene, Oregon USA

> --
> Bob Miller                              K<bob>
>                                         k...@jogger-egg.com

Bob Miller                              K<bob>
                                        k...@jogger-egg.com