Scott wrote:
> Who are the key players?
> How can I get involved?

By leaning on NASA to do some out-of-the-box thinking.

I wrote a long letter on Sunday to the NEO search folks and the
NEXT folks (who are proposing the Earth-moon L1 station)
suggesting that they combine their interests.

Leaving aside the Icepick mission problem (which probably
does require radioactive fueling) -- How much of the Europa
orbiter or Europa lander(s) mass is fuel?

We have already seen how Zubrin could decrease the cost
of a Mars mission by manufacturing the fuel for the return
trip on Mars.  Now that may make NASA uneasy if it doesn't
work for some reason -- but with robotic probes you don't
have to worry about losing the people.  Why not launch
the probes to NEOs and have them manufacture the fuel
they need *on* the NEO before taking off for Europa?
So what if it adds an extra year to the mission but
lowers the cost significantly.  Once this is developed
as a robust technology it makes lots of future space
missions cheaper.

Robert