Why not stack blocks of ice? It would be a lot simpler than hauling our gear out to some ice-bound wasteland.

 Skip Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In a message dated 10/26/2002 7:48:28 PM Alaskan Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

> > The safest, most accessible (easy hike from a road that is open for much of
> > the year) and thickest glacier in the lower 48 states is on Mt. Rainier,
> > less than 3 hours from downtown seattle.
>
> Hmm... that's a good idea. Does Rainier have thick, unmoving ice on it? I
> used to live in Seattle and Tacoma, but I never actually spent any time on or
> near Rainier.
> Can you get us some facts and figures on Rainier?

I've climbed Rainier twice and well ... Oh it moves!

Skip

--
Dr. Everett (Skip) Carter Phone: 831-641-0645 FAX: 831-641-0647
Taygeta Scientific Inc. INTERNET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

==
You are subscribed to the Europa Icepick mailing list: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sincerely

James McEnanly

Do you Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now