Joe Latrell came up with a napkin drawing for a carboard prototype, of the
sort that could be tested in a couple of blocks of ice.  This initial
prototype (let's call it IcePIC i) has a wire coil internally:  is this to
play out behind to respresent the transponders, or to help control the model?

Really, we could simply use something like an electric hair curler for this
demonstration of our prototype.

I do have a question about the ice-filled culvert route:  how do we add
sections to the pipe?  A 20' culvert filled with ice and gravel is far too
heavy to lift and put another section under it.

Funny, that after all this, we're back to calling it IcePIC... however,
there's still the issue that Julie raised:  do we need to distinguish this
working model, from concepts more directly related to the Europa probe?

-- John