On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Antimatter Power: Reaching for Deep Space
> > http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/antimatter_sail_021029.html</A>
[snip]

> Chalk it up to Gail Leatherwood's file on 'unobtainium'.  Oh well.  At least
> it gives us perspective.

No it doesn't ("give us perspective").  I work in the "obtainium" field
and there is lots of it to go around.  Antimatter is cheap if you have
a self-replicating system that can produce it (and you are willing to
discard energy that might otherwise be dedicated to potentially more
useful pursuits.)

For some "real" 'reaching' see:
http://forum.javien.com/XMLmessage.php?id=id::KC0TBDRk-AmNB-V1B3-clpQ-P1kWMSw8aDZF

Robert