I know some debates have surfaced over batteries. The pro's for batteries as I see them are:
Provide a weight near the nose section for gravity
Self contained internal power (no extension cords)

The batteries need to power the heating elements and the water propulsion.

We know they aren't very powerful or long lasting but might do the trick for a general test on if our design will go through the ice at all. Also after thinking about the water being cycled through the design, heated inside, and then jetted out through the head, can we hook up an alternator to produce electric charge back to the batteries like in a car? Like in a hydroelectric plant using moving water to produce electric.