Greetings,

While I agree that the shuttle and station are not the best solutions in
the world, do we just give up manned flight for the next 10 years or 15
years or 20 years while we come up with a better ship?

Please tell me that people have some hope in private enterprise taking
the reins and running with a manned space effort.  Yes I know they would
have to start from scratch (mostly) but they could take over the task.
Or does anyone really see ANY need for manned flight?

Would we be better off turning our attention to the social ills of the
planet and leave space alone?

The question then: "Is this the beginning of the end of manned
spaceflight?  Or is it mearly the end of the beginning?"

Comments can be taken offline and sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

BTW, Bruce I would love to read your complete article.  Any format
works.

Joe Latrell