Personally i think it is very possible for intelligent life forms to evolve naturally on Europa. Man is just finding out now that life can exist in the strangest places. I think we will find out more and more about where life can live. In the future i think we will find out that life can live in pretty much any environment.

However, the chances that we are going to be able to tell, or be alive within the lifespan of any form of intelligent life on Europa, is almost 0%. If an intelligent life-form were to exist on Europa at some point in time, that time has already passed, or is coming up in the distant future. Just like another star that habitats a planet which habitats intelligent life. I believe that we will never find another planet that has intelligent life. Humans just won't be around for that point in time. The chances that they are at an intellignet state at the same time as us is very slim. It's all about the time factor.

Adam

From: "LARRY KLAES" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "europa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: What about intelligent life on Europa?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:30:42 -0500
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Here's an intellectual toy to play with:

What would it take for *intelligent* life to evolve naturally on Europa?
Would it be possible and if so, what forms do you think it would take?

I know, the odds seem long, but the Galilean system surprised us
already big time in 1979, and I'd like to think we should plan some kind
of contingency in case Icepick encounters something alive and
intelligent during its mission.

If nothing else, I would just like to see what kind of beings could
evolve on a world like Europa.  If giant worlds with similar moons
exist in abundance around other suns, this would be a valuable
exercise for our knowledge on them as well.

Larry