I just got through with watching a DVD from my
Cosmos box set -- episode VI, "Traveller's Tales",
which is focused on the Voyager spacecraft.  There's
a great segment in it featuring the scientists
working at JPL in Pasedena on the day when mankind
got its first close-up pictures of Europa.  It's
really quite extraordinary, to see Carl Sagan lift up
a printout of something that had never been seen
before, and to see the scientists debate the nature
of various surface features.  I was wondering if
anyone here was present there and then?

I highly recommend this box set; I think anyone who
can watch an episode like this and not be moved is
beyond help...

--Mark