  1) RE: Winterizing EV?
        by "Adams, Lynn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: vacuum pumps
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: vacuum pumps
        by "Christopher Robison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: vac. pump wiring & relay diode #
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: vacuum pumps
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: vac. pump wiring & relay diode #
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: vacuum pumps
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Unsprung weight, a balancing act.
        by "M.G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Clutch Ruminations
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: OT: Food energy
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: Food energy (was: the cost of running an EV)
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) RE: vacuum pumps
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: OT: Food energy
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 14) RE: Food energy
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) D'Oh! RE: vac. pump wiring & relay diode #
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Clutch Ruminations
        by Seth Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: OT: Food energy
        by Christian Kocmick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: vacuum pumps
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) RE: OT: Food energy
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: cost of the heart attack
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) RE: EV digest 3850
        by "wordrite" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: vacuum pumps
        by Jon Glauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) calorie to kwh conversion
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 24) RE: vacuum pumps
        by "John Foster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: EV digest 3850
        by Jon Glauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: EV digest 3850
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) 314.958!!! Buckeyes set new EV LSR
        by Sam Uzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: EV 'X' prize? (part 1)
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Ok, Here in Colorado, I have battery heaters controlled by thermal
switches to keep each part of my battery box between 70-90 F.  I am
continually trying to improve the thermal control of the battery boxes,
mostly because I enjoy working on this problem.

However,  If you are not deeply discharging your batteries (say no less
than 50%) you would probabally be ok with insulation.  Your batteries
will heat while charging.  If you can keep that heat in the battery box
through insulation, and you use your ev as a daily driver, you will
probabally be ok.   Get some of those indoor/outdoor thermometers and
place them around your pack and see what effect your insulation is
having.  Even with the heaters, I insulate my pack November to March  If
the batteries get too hot, I can always remove the cover while charging.

Lynn

See my 100% electric car at http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/379.html