  1) Re: Switched Capacitor Circuit for Charge Equalization
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Car Title Help: WAS - RE: 1980 rabbit on the tradin' post,  Free! see
below!
        by D Franklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Nissan X-Trail FCV
  4) Re: Electric Sailboat conversion
        by Robert MacDowell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Zivan Charger Reprogramming
        by Mike Chancey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: marketing hydrogen, really
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Switched Capacitor Circuit for Charge Equalization
        by "Mark Thomasson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: marketing hydrogen, really
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Nissan X-Trail FCV
        by Robert MacDowell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Low-resistance tires ... are they as safe?
        by Seth Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Gogo is a no-go...
        by michael bearden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Lifeline batteries
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Switched Capacitor Circuit for Charge Equalization
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) wanna be a tv star?
        by Sam Uzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: variac turn-on?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: wanna be a tv star?
        by Sam Uzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Precharge Resistor Questions
        by JCT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Spain says Solar Panels mandatory
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: wanna be a tv star?
        by "Steve Clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Equaliztion Sites
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Equaliztion Sites
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Th!nk story on CBS
        by "Mr23" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) RE: Equaliztion Sites
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) PB-6 Potbox Switches
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) RE: Equaliztion Sites
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Precharge Resistor Questions
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) RE: Switched Capacitor Circuit for Charge Equalization
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: Switched Capacitor Circuit for Charge Equalization
This type of circuit is well known and does bring the voltages
closer. It works if runs for a long time (24 or more hours) since
agressiveness of balancing naturally drops as the voltage
difference between individual cells or batteries is getting smaller.

This will work well for UPS stand by supplies but presents problem
for EV use: swithces must be powerful abd capacitors huge to move
appreciable amount of charge in reasonable time;

The main draw back (applies to the most of other approaches though)
is that you equalize voltages, not SOC which is really your goal.

Still, it is relatively simple and better than nothing.
As always and with everything, you get what you paid for.

Victor

Don Cameron wrote:

In researching the web, I stumbled across a paper called "Switched Capacitor
System for Automatic Series Battery Equalization", located on:
http://www.smartsparkenergy.com/pdf/batteq1.pdf

I looked through the archives but could not find any reference to anyone
using this type of a circuit for battery balancing.  Has anyone tried this?
The company Smart Spark Energy builds a unit, but appears only for OEM use.

Don

I live in Virginia, and titling can be a nightmare.  I bought a car that was
left at a dealership for repair, and it was titled in Pennsylvania.  The
dealership, and nobody else wanted to mess with trying to get an out of state
title.  I have bought Virginia cars without titles, and have had them
researched and then cleared.  But apparently an out of state car is almost
impossible to get titled in Virginia.  But I bought it for the engine, and
after I robbed a few other parts off it, I called the junkyard, and they did
come and get it.  They did ask me if I had a title, and I did tell them no, but
they came and picked it up for free anyway.  I have heard it is worth their
while to come get a car for the scrap metal prices.

James D Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:>I would be highly interested in
buying this car as my first road
>EV and have talked/emailed with Seth several times last week. Unfortunately
>Seth doesn't have a title and I can neither register nor scrap
>a vehicle without a title in Virginia (so what would I do with
>the empty shell if I did transplant the stuff?). Ideally I
>would like to play with the EV components in the current car
>and drive it over the winter for very brief trips before
>I tackle a transplant next spring.

What you'll probably have to do is fill out the Affidavit in Lieu of
Title, get it notarized, provide a Bill of Sale, and possibly fill out
some other forms. Ask the DMV for details. I wouldn't bother with all
that if the car is in bad shape, since you'd have to get it inspected to
drive it. If it isn't likely to pass inspection, I would just buy it for
parts and have a junkyard pick up the body when you're done with it (they
can get a salvage title for it).

David Thompson

--- Begin Message --- How much range Fortunat? It was 90 miles from Sacramento. The plates were Michigan plates. It had the funny little Japanese mirrors up front on the fenders. I'm assuming a 150 to 200 mile range. Lawrence Rhodes......
----- Original Message ----- From: "Fortunat Mueller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: "Sam Uzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I'm guessing you may have already seen the outline for the tv show "That
> Electric Vehicle Grin" (currently in pre-pre-production) that Sherry sent
> to the SFEAA list.

This sounds a little like what I'm doing with EVTV and my convert your gas
car to electric video.  I didn't see your outline , Mine is we start with
the gas truck and end with a ride with the new owner , after showing
everything in between .

> I was wondering
>
> 1) if you are interested/capable of turning your shop/bench into a set for
> the show (shoots would be 1-2 days at a time; primarily tech closeups)

My shop is in the back yard with lots of home made tools

> 2) if you are interested in being an on-camera presenter

Having a video that one  can offer to people after showing off there car is
a great idea ,  I have plenty of room on my cd's for other ev stuff , some
ev drag races , other peoples projects , .

Steve Clunn www.grassrootsev.com

> ttyl
> jon

Does anyone have a good web site on equalization / BMS for lead acid? other battery types?

I found the data you are looking for. Basically, this is a major emerging science.

www.delphi.com/pdf/techpapers/2001-01-0959.pdf

Here is the main discussion group:
http://tinyurl.com/4gt45

Hope this helps!

-Ken Trough
Admin - V is for Voltage Megasite
http://visforvoltage.com
AIM - ktrough
FAX - 801-749-7807
message - 866-872-8901

Here is the main discussion group:
http://tinyurl.com/4gt45

Sorry. That was supposed to be back channel. Too many hours in front of the monitor....

-Ken Trough
Admin - V is for Voltage Megasite
http://visforvoltage.com
AIM - ktrough
FAX - 801-749-7807
message - 866-872-8901

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Can someone record this, and create a downloadable video so we can all see it?
Or will CBS/KPIX make it available?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Carter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>