  1) Re: High current draw from floodies, was RE: Motor Amps, Battery
        Amps ?
        by Nick Viera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) "China plugs into electric vehicles"
        by "Patrick Maston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: "China plugs into electric vehicles"
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: "China plugs into electric vehicles"
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Woodburn 2004 Highlights Video
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Woodburn 2004 Highlights Video
        by Roderick Wilde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Woodburn 2004 Highlights Video
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  8) 200sx 0-60 estimates - a friendly little contest
        by Ryan Bohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: 200sx 0-60 estimates - a friendly little contest
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Controller/ Charger Questions
        by "Catherine C. Burgard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Controller/ Charger Questions
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Woodburn 2004 Highlights Video
        by Danny Ames <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Woodburn 2004 Highlights Video
        by "Joe Smalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: High current draw from floodies, was RE: Motor Amps, Battery Amps ?
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Controller/ Charger Questions
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Woodburn 2004 Highlights Video
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Controller/ Charger Questions
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: windbike
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) currenteliminator.com questions
        by Roderick Wilde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: currenteliminator.com questions
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: currenteliminator.com questions
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Modular Charger
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Thanks :)
        by "Rmanzan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Modular Charger
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: currenteliminator.com questions
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Woodburn 2004 Highlights Video
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: currenteliminator.com questions
        by Roderick Wilde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> you're using T-875 8V floodies, and since they have more voltage sag than
> 6Vers I was curious if these high current draws are only when fully charged,

Yes, I've got 20 T-875s. The current draws of up to ~395 amps happen
most anytime I take off from 1st gear (and I'm usually close to flooring
it). Especially on inclines, I *have* to pull that much power in 1st
gear to accelerate up them. I also pull a lot of current in 2nd gear as
I'm getting up to speed. Third gear, no, I never pull more than ~280
amps because I *can't* seem to pull any more current. This is why my
acceleration at speeds greater than 55mph is incredibly lousy (at times
almost nonexistent).

> and if you're keeping the pack voltage well above 1.75 volts per cell?
> For better cycle life, I'm trying to keep my current at or below 200 amps
> with my T-145 floodies, which is hard with a lead sled

Well, 1.75v per cell would be 140 volts in my case. So no, I'm not
keeping it above this because during acceleration the pack voltage sags
so much, even when the pack is full (~172 volts) it can sag as low as
155 volts under hard acceleration (such as from a stop in 1st). When the
pack is low, I've seen it briefly sag as low as 115 volts under heavy
draws. This worries me, but I haven't been able to find anyway to better
this, and I still haven't been able to figure out if I may have a weak
battery or two in the pack. BTW, the pack has never dropped/been below
140 volts when not pulling power from it (i.e. foot off the accelerator
or Jeep parked).

As a side note, I am switching the 80W90 gear oil in my differentials to
Redline 75W90 synthetic gear oil. Low-resistance tires are still on my
list, and a Zilla if I could afford one. Other than that I'm at a loss
for how I can make the Jeep work well at highway speeds.

-Nick
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 EV
http://Go.DriveEV.com/

> Sucking and humping those amps according to battery chemistry,
> Dave (B.B.) Hawkins
> Member of the Denver Electric Vehicle Council:
> http://www.devc.org/
> Card carrying member and former racer with The National Electric Drag
> Racing Association:
> http://www.nedra.com/
> Lyons, CO
> 1979 Mazda RX-7 EV (192V of YT's for the teenagers)
> 1989 Chevy S10 Ext. Cab (144V of floodies, for Ma and Pa only!)
>
> >From: Nick Viera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:49:19 -0600
> >
> <snip>
> >Watching the ammeter while driving around, I notice that the higher the
> >gear I'm in, the less battery amps I can pull. For example, I can get
> >the ammeter to read 400 amps (peg) if I floor it in 1st gear. However,
> >if I shift to 2nd gear, I can't seem to pull more than about 350 amps
> >with the accelerator floored. 3rd gear starts to get bad, as I can't get
> >more than about 280 amps, and 4th gear is practically unusable as I
> >can't seem to pull more than about 210 amps, no matter what. And I do
> >have to start out in 1st gear because I can't get going in any
> >reasonable amount of time from 2nd (3rd is impossible).
> <snip>
> >Thanks for any insight on this.
> >-Nick
> >1988 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 EV
> >http://Go.DriveEV.com/

Interesting article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6290392/

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- VERY cool! Thank you. I am gonna pass the link on to some dinosaur burners I know.

David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Maston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- Ya know, actually I was watching the NEDRA video and should have replied to THAT email. Oops.
David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>