  1) Re: pusher trailer info
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Prius Batteries
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  3) WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by "Ryan Stotts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Electromatic motor
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Reduction gear for electric motor in direct drive setup without
differential
        by "Markus L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) EVLN(Davis pih objective: "get the car companies to build these things")
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) EVLN(Virginia hybrids clog hov lanes in Wash D.C. suburbs)
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re:  pusher trailer info
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 10) Re:  pusher trailer info
 11) Re: pusher trailer info
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: serial terminal - zilla
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re:  pusher trailer info
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Ampabout ... smaller, lighter, meaner and greener
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Semicad nicad
        by James D Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re:  pusher trailer info
 17) Re: Zinc batteries that get consumed
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: pusher trailer info
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 19) Re:  pusher trailer info
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) data acquisition kit info
        by "Steve Clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) RE: Electromatic motor
        by "Bill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Semicad nicad
        by Reverend Gadget <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: pusher trailer info
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) RE: data acquisition kit info
        by "John Foster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
To give you some ideal of what it takes to drive a certain weight at a
certain speed at a generator KW input.  My car was tested with this set up
back in 1977 at Detroit, Michingon.

The car call TRANSFORMER I weighs 7850 lbs.  Plug in a engine-generator
which consist of a 3 phase 37.5 KW alternator which can deliver 180 volts at
300 amps to a 165 volt GE motor that ran at 92 mph.

This increase the range from 80 miles to 500 miles on 20 gallons of gas.

With a control console in the car, we can start up the generator unit,
running the power directly to the controller and/or charge the battery while
running the power to the controller at a lower ampere.  Remember, you cannot
charge the battery and used it at the same time.

This takes a multiple of double pole selector type of contactors to do this.

visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com

That is 37.5kw per phase.  The alternator is connected for 250 VAC Delta
going through a 3 phase 900 amp bridge.  Each phase leg of 125 volts or 250
volts phase to phase inputs into the three phase bridge, has a output of 280
VDC.

37,500/125 = 300 amps per phase alternator rating.

Three phase has a current ratio of 1.00 time the direct current, so:

300 amps times 280 volts = 84kw which is the total output of all three
phases from a 3 phase rectifier.

Three lines of 125 VAC at 300 amps into a 3 phase rectifier then has a
output of 280 VAC at 300 Amps at DC.

When we install a 3 phase bank of 25 kva transformers, it means 25 kva per
phase.  The ampere per phase is about 25000/125= 200 amps.

If we connected them all up in parallel for 125 volt single phase than it
would total about 75000/125 = 600 amps .

When you install a 250 volt 50 amp 2 pole circuit breaker in your house
panel, this means 50 amp per line. At a 250 volt load Line 1 to Line 2 or
Phase to Phase, the maximum rated amperes is at 50 amps.

If you split the two lines in 125 amps load, the maximum ampere is still 50
amps per line or a total of 100 amps of circuit loads.

> No-one else mentioned this, so I guess I'll have to ask:
>
> << The car call TRANSFORMER I weighs 7850 lbs. Plug in a engine-generator
> which consist of a 3 phase 37.5 KW alternator which can deliver 180 volts
> at
> 300 amps to a 165 volt GE motor that ran at 92 mph. >>
>
> So, wasn't the generator's output actually 54 KW (180V * 300A)?

http://www.kitsrus.com/kits.html#k118 shows you the schematic, specs and
download SW.

I bought one from a place in Canada, for more money, but at least they
_would_ take my money!.

It's tiny and so easy that any common idiot could build it. Roger
Stockton designed a multiplexer for me so I can cycle and test up to 32
NiCad cells. And he's writing the SW. And fixed my assembly fuckup
(switched the only 2 IC's - I'm a most uncommon idiot.) Roger's such a
great guy!

-John Foster