  1) Re: 12 v system battery question
        by Doug Weathers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: High energy usage.  Flooded batteries.
  3) Re: 12 v system battery question
        by Seth Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) engine weights
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: EV1 vigil in Burbank, Calif
        by "Ivo Jara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: Side pull (Re: 42-volt...)
        by "Ivo Jara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Weighing stuff... Re: engine weights
        by Lock Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: engine weights
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: Weighing stuff... Re: engine weights
        by "Ivo Jara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Weight and Balance (was Re: 12 v system battery question)
        by "John O'Connor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: 42-volt starting batteries
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) GM is moving the EV1s NOW
        by Marc Geller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Portable Drag Racing Setup
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: NEDRA Wattage Classes
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Siemens motors
 16) Re: High energy usage.  Flooded batteries.
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: 12 V battery question
        by "goodsharonwbird" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Fwd: Re: 12 v system battery question
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: 12 v system battery question
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) BLDC system versus AC induction
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Fwd: Re: 12 v system battery question
        by Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: 12 v system battery question
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Weighing stuff... Re: engine weights
        by "M.G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Question for John Wayland - E-disconnect
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: using a brush motor after long sitting
        by "STEVE CLUNN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: EV1 vigil in Burbank, Calif.
        by "STEVE CLUNN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: 42-volt starting batteries
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: using a brush motor after long sitting
        by "David Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---

On Feb 20, 2005, at 6:55 PM, Seth Allen wrote:

www.solectria.com sells DC-DCs in that range, although they are geared more towards oem. I don't know if electro automotive carries them. You are looking at more than $1/watt, I think for the Solectria parts. The 12V non battery charging work the best (most reliably) if you size them correctly.

http://www.solectria.com/products/dcdcconv.html

Yup, apparently Electro Automotive does carry them, for rather more than $1/watt.

http://www.electroauto.com/catalog/price-pts.shtml#accessories

EA's site says that the non-battery-charging units are to be used without an accessory battery, and the Solectrica site says that the non-battery-charging units are NOT to be used to charge a 12v battery.

Why do you recommend the non-battery-charging units? I guess it's academic for me since they're out of my price range, but I'm still curious.

Seth

On Feb 20, 2005, at 7:03 PM, Joe Smalley wrote:

http://www.vicr.com/documents/datasheets/ds_batmod.pdf

Didn't Lee Hart tell us that this was not a complete DC/DC, and that there are a number of other components needed?

Joe Smalley Rural Kitsap County WA Fiesta 48 volts NEDRA 48 volt street conversion record holder [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Reverend Gadget" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu> Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:44 PM Subject: Re: 12 v system battery question

While we're on the subject, anyone know of a dc to dc
converter to use on a 156V setup? I've only found them
to 120V. If there is such a thing I'm sure you guys
would know. Thanks
                        Gadget

=====
visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com

I am also looking for a DC/DC converter for my 192v conversion and not having much luck, except for the discontinued DCP DC/DC converter, so I look forward to any responses to the Reverend's query.

Thanks,

Doug
--
Doug Weathers
Bend, OR, USA

visit my website at www.reverendgadget.com

I am also looking for a DC/DC converter for my 192v conversion and not having much luck, except for the discontinued DCP DC/DC converter, so I look forward to any responses to the Reverend's query.

Thanks,

Doug
--
Doug Weathers
Bend, OR, USA
http://learn-something.blogsite.org

http://www.team.net/sol/tech/engine.html

It is an old list and incomplete but it looks like 300 lbs was a good estimate

I have a complete z31 nissan motor from 1987 but I can't get it over to the scale, I can say the tranny weighs 99lbs with oil.

one more thought:
Weight distribution is not static, it changes as you go up and down hills, accelerate and decelerate and go around corners.

I am gonna buy some of those $300 scale sets that are 4 levers and 4 bathroom scales to check the balance.

like these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4529001295&category=43998&sspagename=WDVW

The problem is you can't drive up on them so have to jack up each end of vehicle, at that moment 1200lbs per corner may not be sufficient.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 266.1.0 - Release Date: 2/18/2005

Never thought about the taxes, of course, a writeoff is a lot more
beneficial than any sale hahahahah.

Right on the spot, also when you loose money, and a project goes bogus, you
can tinker with the figures, and increase the return as much as you llike,
can you imagine how much they will "write off" as: design costs, related
investments, plant modifications ec. ?

Ivo