  1) RE: Current Capacity of 1/2" Copper Pipe
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Question: Max efficiency charging with 3 phase alternator
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Current Capacity of 1/2" Copper Pipe
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Battery Exchange (The beauty of bendable batteries)
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Current Capacity of 1/2" Copper Pipe
        by Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: Current Capacity of 1/2" Copper Pipe
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Minitrucks
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Solar was Re: Battery Exchange
        by Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Minitrucks
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: OT: Solar was Re: Battery Exchange
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: GVMR weights
        by "John O'Connor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Minitrucks
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Direct drive - how to do it right
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Motor constants
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 15) Fast and Fun!
        by Ryan Bohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: OT: Solar was Re: Battery Exchange
        by "djsharpe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Regenerating a series wound motor
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) REvisited: More bumper sticker thoughts
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Welding Aluminum and another question
        by "David Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Current Capacity of 1/2" Copper Pipe
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Regenerating a series wound motor
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Welding Aluminum and another question
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Current Capacity of 1/2" Copper Pipe
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Datsun Minitruck Mania!
        by Bruce Weisenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Ryan,

I used a small piece of 2/0 with crimped eyelet ends (each double crimped
with proper hex crimper).   I ran three tests, the average being 80 Amp with
a 5.0mV drop, thus a resistance of 0.00063 ohms.

However, there are two major differences:

1) this short cable is 5" from centre to centre, and the straps are 2.25"
centre to centre.
2) The lug holes on this short cable are 5/16" and **not** the proper 1/4".

Don

Victoria, BC, Canada

See the New Beetle EV Conversion Web Site at
www.cameronsoftware.com/ev/

    From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL
PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
    To:
ev@listproc.sjsu.edu<mailto:ev@listproc.sjsu.edu<mailto:ev@listproc.sjsu.edu<mailto:ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>>

http://isp.netscape.com/register<http://isp.netscape.com/register<http://isp.netscape.com/register<http://isp.netscape.com/register>>

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp<http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp<http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp<http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp>>

--- Philippe Borges <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> what 's difference between braided tinned and braided crimped please ?
> i don't see it looking at your pictures.
> Is first braided crimped tinned and second strap braided crimped no tinned ?

Don mentioned that tinning the copper with the strap already crimped wicks the
solder into the
strap, making the strap fairly rigid. Can you tin the copper, crimp it to the
strap, and then hit
it with a torch to make a solder connection between the copper and the strap?
Will this keep the
flexibility of the strap?

Don, what did you use for the straps?

I'm looking to make short (2") straps and need a flexible connection.

Dave Cover

They are very popular in Arizona and rust is nearly
non-exsistant in the Phoenix/Tuson area. No snow-no
salt an no close by oceans to place salt in the rain.
Many are still running but be put aside for newer
ones.