  1) Re: Battery Desulfator.
        by Emil Naepflein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Series motor runaway
        by "Deuville's Rink" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: AZ Republic Blurb
        by Bruce Weisenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: AZ Republic Blurb
        by John Shelton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Why I do use flooded,     was Re: Why I won't use flooded batteries
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: AZ Republic Blurb
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: AZ Republic Blurb
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  8) Re: EV-1 Vigil
        by Tom Hudson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: Measuring power required for air & tire resistance
        by "Mark Fowler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Battery Desulfator.
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: AZ Republic Blurb
        by Sam Thurber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Rabbit replacement
        by Gary Graunke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Series motor runaway
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) American buisness model is wrong (on topic, eventually)
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: 1498 Digest had virus.
        by "Pat Davisson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) E-Meter Madness
        by Mike Chancey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: AZ Republic Blurb (Reply to Neon John , Others)
        by "Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Power brakes (was power steering and AC)
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Motor Horsepower questions.
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Perf Upgrade using EV components
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Renualt LeCar
On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 06:57:51 -0800, Lawrence Rhodes wrote:

> Does technology like this work.  If so will it work for deep cycle batteries
> or sealed batteries.  Seems just a very high amp charge does more to help.
> Which technique works the best?
>
> http://www.batterylifesaver.com/index.html Just saw this in Popular
> Mechanics.

Look here http://www.flex.com/~kalepa/desulf.htm and here
http://p198.ezboard.com/bleadacidbatterydesulfationfor for more
information.

I think this all is useless for deep-cycle application were the
lead-acid battery is allway fully charged within a short time.

Emil

Hi guys, looking for more info, my Zamboni has a shunt motor now and draws
about 100 amps when not moving or operating the augars, it is driving a gear
box that runs the hydrastatic trans and hydraulic pumps (note that both are
turning all the time but are in bypass mode) I am thinking that perhaps there
is enough load present under these conditions that I could run a common series
wound motor and it would not "run wild", is there any rule of thumb that could
assist me in what would load would be enough for a motor at different speeds
and voltages? I would like to run a series motor with contactor only at 72
volts and maintain a rpm of around 2400 to 3000, it would not have to be a
constant rpm but as little change as possible, I have no idea how much a load
will effect the rpm.

As usual I appreciate all comments
Ellery

I have lived by a philosophy that my father taught me. Believe nothing that is
said and only half of what you read. Its a Newspaper so believe half of it and
give up the rest. This Newspaper report a deadly gas release of LN2 in 1983-
Thats liquid nitrogen folks. On top of that it was an expansion over
pressurization valve which had vented for 5 minutes. We had a power outage at
the plant and the freezer units that kept the the LN2 cold where off line and
the tank over pressurized as the N2 warmed up. We lost 1000 gallons of a 10,000
gallon tank. It was also 112 degrees that day so it made a neat Shot of N2 snow
during the middle of the day. But it didn't hit the ground it evaporated off.
But by the New papers report we nearly killed everyone within a half mile
radius. There wasn't another house around for nearly 2 miles. So with that
said, there is no hidden agendas here just normal bad reporting that you have
to take with a grain of salt. And this Newspaper is not the only!
  one. It
 has gone on for hundreds of years. Check out the reporting of the Mr. Tesla's
experiments or the reporting of the first Model A Fords.

As said in Men in Black " Individuals are smart, People are dumb stupid
animals" GM's is porting out the hype the the people will listen to.  Us
individuals see through it but convincing people is another story all together.

Sam Thurber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I wouldn't be surprised if the AZ Republic is run by
> some neo-con Rush
> Slimeball type media conglomerate.

It was owned by Dan Quale's family last time I checked.

Future 72 Super Beetle conversion in progress

That smelly oil that Dead heads wear instead of deodorant. I have no
idea how it's spelled.

John

Bob Siebert wrote:

chiluli? I looked it up and got  an abstract of S. Chiluli's thesis.

This thesis is concerned with the design and implementation of a
   Relational Multimedia Database System, in short RMDBS. RMDBS is
   designed to efficiently use storage space and manipulate various
   kinds of data; attribute data, bit-mapped pictures, and programs
   in binary code.

Hmmm...

/Bob

      Hi Ryan and All,
         I use floodeds because they get 1.5x the
range in most apps except where range is very short.
          They cost about 1/2-1/3 or less for the same
range. They also require a much better charger and
regs that drive the costs, labor even higher.
          If you have a charging screwup on a flooded,
you can just put in some water unlike AGM's where you
just replace costly batts!!!
          The problems you describe are easily handled
by putting the batts in a batt box which you need
anyways so you can insulate them in winter to keep
range up, as far as stray acid problems go. But if you
charge correctly, stray acid isn't a problem until
old, the last 1/6 of their life.
          Terminal corrosion can be solved by either
using a protective spray, vasoline or enamel paint for
coating the terminals. A good idea even on AGM's which
are not immune to it..
          As far as watering, if you have a good batt
charger it isn't much of a problem, only once every 2
months or so.
          Since you should check your batts, their
terminals of either kind about every 2 months anyway
and the water levels are a good indicator of how your
charging, batteries are doing, it's not really that
much of a problem with a good auto level watering can
where you just put it in the hole and press
automaticly filling it to the proper level, it's quite
easy.
     AGM's costs are higher over 10 yrs than Ni-cads
so I'd would go with them before spending so much on
AGM's except if you want to race.
      It comes down to this, do you want to spend
about 3x's as much for batts with less range or pay
1/3 and water them some?
      I know which one I want ;-))
                HTH's,
                   jerry dycus

--- Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The water maintance is bad enough.  But the
> corrosion from those things!
>
> Here's two pics from my sister's stock '96 Ford
> Explorer:
>
> http://img48.exs.cx/img48/7389/badbat10ov.jpg
>
> http://img48.exs.cx/img48/2375/badbat24bd.jpg
>
> I hear you say "just wash them off".  That's one
> thing when they are
> under the hood.  But how about when you have ~25
> batteries in the
> trunk of the car and where the back seat was with
> none of them under
> the hood?  Have you priced 4/0 cable and terminals?
> It adds up and
> I'd prefer to just make the cable set once.
>

> FYI, I've had the SAME Optima red top on my ice car
> since 1997.  I've
> never cleaned the terminals:
>
> http://img48.exs.cx/img48/1817/optimared7ca.jpg
>
> http://img48.exs.cx/img48/8549/batdate0ia.jpg

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

I see you've been taking spelling lessons from Dan in spelling his last
name.  :)

> I wouldn't be surprised if the AZ Republic is run by
> some neo-con Rush
> Slimeball type media conglomerate.

It was owned by Dan Quale's family last time I checked.

<< That smelly oil that Dead heads wear instead of deodorant. I have no
idea how it's spelled.

John >>

Oooh! PATCHOULI! Yeah, stinky stuff, good at covering up other, not-so-legal
scents.

Rant mode on.

Saw some news item the other day talking about how GM stock is going down the toilet. All I can say is, it can't happen fast enough, or fall far enough for me. GM is one of the most detestable corporations I have ever seen. It doesn't matter what it is -- improving gas mileage, improving passenger safety -- every single thing would "cost too much" or "force them to close plants". The government was going to start requiring airbags -- GM went ballistic, it would be impossible to do without killing the company. Well, guess what -- Now they're stinking "industry safety leaders" with their "innovative airbag systems" and they use the added safety angle to sell cars. Improving gas mileage? No, GM can't possibly do that! It would put us out of business! Then the Japanese show up with their CVCC engine and show just how much fuel economy you CAN get, and make yearly improvements! Freaking liars. And it isn't enough that the Japanese car makers kick GM's ass all over the place sales-wise in the 70's -- They stay entrenched in their little hole and when fuel prices drop and there's an oil glut from the far-eastern economy slowdown, they go right back to their old ways and start cranking out the biggest SUVs in history and sell them like they're commuter vehicles.

I was telling my wife as we watched the GM stock story, it was too bad that the people who were going to suffer from the thing are all the rank-and-file employees at GM, because all the executives are sitting there with their fat bonuses and golden parachutes and would hardly notice if it went under tomorrow. Honestly, I wish it would go out of business tomorrow, because there would still be some EV-1's left uncrushed that we could buy from the bastards as they sold off assets to pay bills.

I had the opportunity to drive an EV-1 several years ago and it was incredible. But you know what? I own a Solectria Force, and realize that if GM had REALLY wanted to do EVs right, they would have done something similar to the pristine simplicity of the Force -- Almost no components in it, it used a standard GM body, and once you started mass-producing the thing, it would be DIRT CHEAP. And if GM had given half a damn about America, they would have gone that way because it would have made us less dependent on foreign oil. But no -- They went in the other direction. Make the car as expensive to build as possible. Make it only in a two-seater model so it's impractical for most families. Don't advertise it. Then only build a few and lie til the cows come home about how unpopular it is. Then start building freaking Hummers for the CONSUMER MARKET. Every time I pick up a newspaper and see how many of our soldiers are dying every day to get a foothold in Oil Central, I think about GM and how their policies over the years have led to this situation. It makes me sick. Seeing EV1s lined up to go into a CRUSHER, for god's sake, instead of going on to save oil and soldiers' lives, makes me want to puke.

I want GM to go down in flames and stand as an example of how NOT to run a business.

Rant mode off. (but my blood is still boiling)

-Tom

--
Thomas Hudson
http://portlightstation.org -- Light Station Restoration http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects

Claudio, which bit of road did you use?
(May be useful for other Sydneysiders...)