  1) Re: S/P motor brushes, was Re: DC DC Converter
        by "M.G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: AZ Republic Blurb
        by "David Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Selectria Sunrise as replacement for EV-1 and Re: Rabbit replacement,
getting down to biz!
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: Electric Diahatsu Charade
        by "djsharpe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Speaking of Viruses ( was Re: 1498 Digest had virus.)
  6) Re: X19?
  7) Re: X19?
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: X19?
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) 200sx 0-60...almost
        by Ryan Bohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: why are crash tests so expensive?
 11) Stirling Engine
        by Nick Austin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Reducing the noise on the list
 13) Re: AZ Republic Blurb
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 14) Re: Personal attacks/conspiracy theory touts
 15) Re: Big vehicle EV conversions, was: Rabbit replacement
        by Nick Viera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) tranny experts, pls.
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: 200sx 0-60...almost
        by Nick Viera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Transistor Votage Question
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: DC DC Converter
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: Stirling Engine
        by "Myles Twete" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Selectria Sunrise as replacement for EV-1 and Re: Rabbit replacement
        by Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Drag racing pics
        by Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Renualt LeCar
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: tranny experts, pls.
        by Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: Rabbit replacement
 26) Re: American business model
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Mike G.

jerry dycus wrote:

Hi MG and All,
--- "M.G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Nope this motor is a permanent magnet motor with 4
brushes on the commutator , 2 positive and 2 negatitive.
Would it be possible to reconnect the brushes to
have them in series and run the motor on double the voltage?
ie: one brush to battery positive two brushes
connected together and one brush to battery negative.

As Lee said, no!
Why is the commutator is hooked in series all
around the bars, not individual coils, so you would
short out if you tried to hook them in series. I
thought the same thing but was wrong.
HTH's,
jerry dycus

I would try some asci art but it wouldn't look good
:)
Mike G.

Lee Hart wrote:

M.G. wrote:

What I am trying to do is to use the power

steering motor and pump

from the forklift we are scrapping where I work.

The motor is a

48 volt setup and the pump is already attached...

If the motor has

four brushes can I reconnect them in series

instead of

parallel to effectively double the operating

voltage of the motor?

No; it just means you have a 4-pole motor.

--- Begin Message --- Lol, I think you might tweak a few EVers with this John but sadly you are probably closer to right than wrong. Market forces are what dictates the mass mind. And frankly the bulk of the people out there are dumb as turkeys. They will stand in the rain looking up until they drown. Or someone comes along and knocks them in the head and smokes/barbecues them. It will take soccer moms etc having to decide whether to fill the SUV up with gas or buy groceries before something really happens. Then it will be a shitstorm and probably too late. But unfortunately I am the kind of person that never learned to sit down, shut up and ignore what I couldnt change until I was bloodied up from at least trying. I not only fight I got thrown OUT of city hall (actually the Dept of Revenue) last time I was arguing with the fine State of AZ over the Alt Fuel fiasco. And no it did absolutely no good but I can still respect the face I shave in the morning.

BTW, I am a staunch BBQ fan. I leave the granola to the chickens.

Regards, David Chapman.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neon John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>