        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: French regulations
        by Evan Tuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Rabbit replacement
  4) Re: Renault LeCar
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: Range trailer
        by "Ralph Goodwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: American buisness model is wrong (on topic, eventually)
        by "Ivo Jara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: EV-1 Blurb in AZ Republic
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: DC DC Converter, series in, parallel out?
        by Mark Farver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Selectria Sunrise as replacement for EV-1
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) RE: Stirling Engine
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Power brakes (long)
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) New Beetle EV Pictures of Progress
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) TS Charging Rate
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) LM431 Mini-Me?
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Getting more EV's on the road
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Selectria Sunrise as replacement for EV-1--let's go to the next
 step
        by Rush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Riker Electric Vehicles Website Address
        by Bob Siebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Selectria Sunrise as replacement for EV-1--let's go to the
        next  > step
        by Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Selectria Sunrise as replacement for EV-1--let's go to the next step
        by jerry dycus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: GE Motor specs?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Selectria Sunrise as replacement for EV-1
        by Rush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Selectria Sunrise as replacement for EV-1--let's go to the next step
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Selectria Sunrise as replacement for EV-1--let's go to the next
 step
        by Rush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Big vehicle EV conversions, was: Rabbit replacement
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 01:42:54 -0800 (PST), Ivan Workman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- Ivan Workman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > Just want to let everyone know we have a website up
> > now. Please feel free to look around and let us know
> > of any improvements that we can make to it. We are
> > also want to gauge what the market demand is for a
> > city-class electric vehicle such as the Smart EV.
> > Any feedback would be great.

Very nice!
  Any idea of the price yet?
Are you leasing the battery or selling?

Regards
Evan

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:45:53 +0100, Philippe Borges
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So converting to EV in Norway and importing it to France would be a solution
> though expensive, a true one.

We are certainly allowed to convert EVs here in the UK, even make from
scratch.  We also have very cheap second hand car market at the
moment, and very expensive petrol (apparently it will soon be >£1 per
litre!).  So it is a bit strange that there are very few conversions
running about.

If it's a truck or pickup with a gross vehicle weight over 6,000 lbs, you
can write off up to $100,000.

> Peter VanDerWal wrote:
>> Except they changed the tax laws and now (Heavy) SUVs have a
>> limited tax write-off, $25,000 IIRC.
>
> "Only" $25,000?!?
> --
> "The two most common elements in the universe
> are hydrogen and stupidity."  -- Harlan Ellison
> --
> Lee A. Hart  814 8th Ave N  Sartell MN 56377  leeahart_at_earthlink.net

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- I have never seen the brakes on a renault le-car but if I remember correctly from school, there are 2 kinds of disk brake calipers out there, single acting and double acting

The single acting are the most common and have piston or pistons on one side and a floating caliper, the whole caliper must move to release the rear pad. On these, clean and well greased guide pins are important.

The dual acting are what most high end,racing,wilwood,brimboo style calipers are like, they have 2 small pistons per side and square orings to make it easier to retract the shoe and the caliper is fixed. This also doubles the braking capacity for the same hydraulic pressure

There is also a third type of brakes, the el cheapo that had a fixed caliper and a single piston that moved the rotor or flexed the single disk rotor, but we will just ignore those, Yugo maybe. I don't remember.

I don't know if wilwood brakes can be retrofitted to the le-car, it is not listed on their site. Does it share brake systems with other cars or are there other models that have better calipers you can swap in?

North Johnston High School in North Carolina entered a trailer full of
batteries behind their electric Triumph Spitfire in the EV Challenge in
2000.  They were not allowed to compete with it since it violated a couple
of key competition rules.  It was made out of a small trailer designed to
pull behind a motorcycle.  The trailer was filled with Deka batteries and
had its own ZIVAN charger.  Their design concept was centered around driving
the car to a autocross event powered by the trailer batteries, charging the
trailer while they raced with the Hawkers onboard the car, then travel home
on either battery pack.  The Spitfire is listed at
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/167.html .   There is also a pretty neat
picture of it autocrossing at www.evchallenge.org

Ralph Goodwin