  1) RAV4-EV (was: Electric Ford Ranger on E-bay)
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  2) EAA - CalCars - and Bricklands "Visionary Vehicles" (LONG)
        by Steven Lough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Kilovac EV-200 as safety disconnect?
        by David Brandt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: SCCA Problems with Electrics
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: RAV4-EV (was: Electric Ford Ranger on E-bay)
        by Mark Dutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Kilovac EV-200 as safety disconnect?
        by "Paul Compton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Just the FACTS - no storybook version - HB 1820
        by Steven Lough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: SCCA Problems with Electrics
        by "Paul Compton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Freedom EV Questions And a few answers.
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Hybrid Car Crash - Tacoma WA - 3/6/07
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: FWD friction
        by "Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) RE: Nice AC motors on E-bay
        by "Dale Ulan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Economics of balancing amps
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: New EV'er
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: BugE again
        by "David O'Neel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: Heatsinking a Curtis - necessary for golf cart versions?
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: Heatsinking a Curtis - necessary for golf cart versions?
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Hybrid Car Crash - Tacoma WA - 3/6/07
        by Finn John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Chevy Volt again
        by "Peter Gabrielsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
    Alan> There is a 2000 Electric Ford Ranger on E-bay that is interesting,
    Alan> because of the description, especially to someone new to the list.

Same company has a 2002 RAV4-EV w/ 22k miles, Buy It Now is at
$59,000...   =:o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&category=31872&sspagename=STORE%3APROMOBOX%3ANEWLIST&viewitem=&item=140091722916

--
Skip Montanaro - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/
"The hippies and the hipsters did some great stuff in the sixties,

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Some one may have already "Cross-Polinated" this News ITEM but here it is again:

  Visionary Vehicles/Malcolm Bricklin Endorse CalCars & PHEV Campaign
Posted by: "Felix Kramer" [EMAIL PROTECTED]   felixkramery
Thu Mar 8, 2007 10:05 am (PST)
Is this unprecedented? A startup automaker sees the benefit of
working with today's coalitions of car-buyers/drivers/early adopters,
technologists, companies and policy advocates.

Visionary Vehicles is the first to recognize it can capitalize on the
growing momentum for plug-in hybrids, instead of resisting it! We
hope this new company will succeed -- and that it will help speed the
transformation of the auto industry.

For media coverage about Visionary's announcement of its shift to
focus on PHEVs, see our CalCars-News posting January 9, "Could China
Deliver Affordable PHEV by 2009 with Malcolm Bricklin?"
<http://www.calcars.org/calcars-news/647.html>

Here's today's joint Visionary Vehicles/CalCars press release:

Visionary Vehicles Endorses CalCars
Malcolm Bricklin Throws Support to the Promotion as Well as the
Production of Plug-In Hybrid Cars

March 8, 2007 (Palo Alto, CA) -- Felix Kramer, CEO and Founder, Cal
Cars, today announced that Visionary Vehicles, the first 21st Century
car company dedicated to mass producing a full line of Plug-In Hybrid
Electric Vehicles (PHEVs) will has endorsed its organization and the
broad campaign to commercialize PHEV's.

"This starts the great Plug-In Race of the 21st Century. Companies
all over the world are stepping up to this international challenge.
Electrifying transportation and cleaning the fuels are the ways to
reduce our dependence on fossil fuels and decrease greenhouse gases
from vehicles. We can do it now, with no new infrastructure and no
technology breakthroughs. We at CalCars applaud Visionary Vehicles'
bold plans to mass-produce high-quality advanced technology vehicles
for the U.S. and international markets faster than any other
auto-maker thinks is possible -- while making a profit. They could
pave the way for the rebirth of an entire industry," announced Felix Kramer.

"Visionary Vehicles is committed to advancing this important new
technology and accelerating the adoption of PHEVs," said Malcolm
Bricklin, CEO and Founder. "We're opening competition, and motivating
the world's auto industry to make a transition to better, greener
cars. We plan to use quantity orders to reduce battery and component
prices and economies of scale to replace the cars people drive today
with what people really want: cars that are in the luxury category in
terms of design, engineering, performance, safety and reliability but
are affordable and get 100+mpg of gasoline."

"In addition to our work on our vehicles, we aim to become part of
the broader community that's driving the adoption of clean vehicles
among consumers and building support for those vehicles and their
technologies among public policymakers at local, state and national
levels," continued Bricklin. "To that end, we will support
CalCars.org, the California Cars Initiative, as well as other
industry and advocacy organizations working to advance this cause. We
will earmark a portion of the profit from every car that we sell to
contribute to transforming the transportation industry."

Visionary Vehicles also plans to reach out and join the Electric
Drive Transportation Association, the Electric Auto Association,
Plug-In Partners, the Infrastructure Working Council and
WestStart-CALSTART among other groups who are leading this important
advocacy effort including UC Davis Professor Andy Frank, the Electric
Power Research Institute and the California Electric Transportation
Coalition as well as Plug In America.

(snip)

CONTACT: For Visionary Vehicles
The Lexicomm Group
Kevin DeLeon [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wendi Tush [EMAIL PROTECTED]

CONTACT: For CalCars
Felix Kramer [EMAIL PROTECTED] [may be slow responding, at TED Conference]

--
Steven S. Lough, Pres.
Seattle EV Association

I was skeptical at first - that's why I read the article (that and it was
talking about something that had ratings such that it would work in an EV).  I
guess as long as it stays sealed, it's OK...Course if any oxygen gets in, then
it would be a bad thing when you turned it off.

I believe the article I read said something about electrical arcing properties
in the different gases, and that hydrogen didn't support it too well, so it
could break more amps and volts in a small space.

David Brandt