With few exceptions, all chemical reactions happen faster at higher temperature. Thus, all batteries, including lithium-ion, age more quickly at elevated temperature.

There is no magic about 86 degrees. The hotter they are, the quicker they age. Chemical reactions are (generally) governed by the Arrhenius equation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrhenius_equation

Bill D.