[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/2011-or-2012-leaf-60-miles-at-65-MPH-NO-WAY-tp4662871p4662918.html
]

So, isn't there an add-on product that anyone offers for Production
plugins that is akin to the e-meter I mentioned?
Wasn't there a Leaf forum member called ?Enginr? that offered Leaf
product add-ons?
If not, then there is a business opportunity for some enterprising type
to offer them.

If someone did offer said e-meter, it should have at least the same
abilities/features as the link-10, and perhaps more.
Instead of a clunky piece of hardware that the customer would have to
find a place for it to be mounted, maybe it could either be and app that
is used on the smart phone, or the hardware is mounted in a hidden spot
but its data fed to the on-board computer/infotainment system(? can data
be fed to that system, or is it only a one-way output ability ?).

If the on-board system had wireless/wifi and could bring up a web page,
perhaps the data could be fed to that page and then it would show on the
on-board display as a web-page.

Production plugin drivers:
-would you find an ability to read AH or kWh status of your pack, and
know how many are going in or out of the pack, useful?

-what other abilities/features o this e-meter product would you want?

-would you want to buy said product? What price range?

-Is there any room on top of the dashboard or under the dash in your
plugin for this product? If so, how big or small should it be?

Comments/corrections/ideas welcome.

{brucedp.150m.com}

-
On Thu, May 9, 2013, at 08:36 AM, Ed Blackmond wrote:
> It also as an estimated time to charge display.  My charge timers are set
> to 80%, so this display presents the estimated time to charge to 80%.
> Like the "peacock" gage it is not linear, but I think it has a little
> better resolution than the "peacock" gage.
>
> The accuracy of its estimate is off by about an hour.  When it estimates
> six hours to charge, it takes about five.
-

-
-

-