Hi Folk's,

Since swapping the brush locations (front rear), the rear brushes that were
shorter are still wearing faster than the other 4 just now in the front
location so it appears that the first one's to seat, suck most of the current
(on the 9" "Impulse").  I ordered a milli-ohm meter (to compare to the one I
borrowed) to verify the .2 milli-ohm between the bar that feeds the front
brushes.  George at Netgain has been very nice sending 3 sets of brushes over
the last 10k miles since the motor is over a year old and I'm sure out of
warranty.  I'm just curious to what is causing the disimilar brush wear and the
pattern seams consistent.  It's always the rear brushes that seat and then wear
first shunting the current away from the front.  But when I swap the positions
the shorter brushes - now on the front continue wearing fast (wear down in 3K
miles).  I'm treating the others like a spare tire, giving another 3k miles for
6k total but most of the current is really gooing through a sing
 le brush instead of two, thus overcurrenting it and resulting in faster wear.

Best Regards,

Mark

www.REEVA.info community service RE & EV's