Hi Lee, my point entirely because although most appliances are fully
insulated from the end of the cable, a charger potentially has open cables
which can track to earth when incorrectly handled.

Very high earth fault currents can be generated when there is a direct
connection to the mains supply whereas an isolated supply is self limiting
and ideally left floating in relation to earth.

Switch mode (buck boost) power supplies reduce the isolating transformer to
very compact sizes and I would seriously question the necessity for anyone
to supply electronics which are not safe.