[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Used-Tesla-S-bought-using-Bitcoin-from-a-Lamborghini-dealership-tp4666595.html
EVLN: Used Tesla-S bought using Bitcoin from a Lamborghini dealership
Dec 06 2013
]

You know when I post these newswires, I have to weigh which two will be
posted so that they go to evdl member's intrays (in this case via
brucedp5). I do my best to choose the ones that might be more
interesting, but I am usually surprised by what people will find
interesting enough to read, and which were interesting enough to make
the effort to post a comment on.

For myself having had to wade through all these newswires, I found a
couple of things interesting on this topic:

One was, why was the media making a big deal about this (not a huge
deal, but when the media pumps out more than a couple copycat items on
the same topic, someone in the media thinks it is interesting).

Another thing I found interesting was knowing which was more of interest
to the media:
-Bitcoin buying a vehicle (Personally, I do not find Bitcoin that
interesting),
-or the fact that a Tesla was purchased through a dealership?

Lastly, for me, one of the newswires on this topic said it was a new
Tesla-S that was sold, later, other newswires said it was a used Tesla
EV, correcting the details as each copycat newswire came out. We all
know, Tesla does not have any formal dealerships, thus for a Tesla-S to
be sold by an ice dealership, it likely was used.

I found that interesting that when concerning Tesla EVs, the media was
actually making some effort to get the facts straight. If old-timers
will remember, around the time of the beginning (circa ~2008) of this
most recent wave of EV sales and attention, the media was chronic with
flubs and misinformation that they never cared to correct.

Has the EV market matured enough this time around to warrant some
respect (he said like Rodney Dangerfield adjusting his tie)?

{brucedp.150m.com}

-
On Sun, Dec 8, 2013, at 07:42 PM, David Chapman wrote:
> So who is the sucker? The fellow that spent his bitcoins (that he may
> have mined or traded for profitably) or the lambo dealership that took
> them and most likely immediately cash converted them and got a shitload
> of free or cheap publicity? I agree that Bitcoin is not for everyone and
> is rather volatile but... I remember back when I was one of the very
> early adopters of some flakey new internet money service - IIRC it was
> called "Pay Pal" and thinking "this is awful weird so I won't risk much"
> and now the guy I helped make it work builds high end electric cars.
> Dach.
-

-

-