Awhile back I wrote about a possible job doing a 18 wheeler with a
2600 lbs sepex motor that I was looking for a controller for .. Lucky
for me I got the opportunity to work on this project and my employer
is a "balls to the wall" kind of guy . So we used a 2k zilla on the
armature and I set up a resistor , contactor set up to run the field
.. The field is rated for 300v at 6 amps . At that current the motor's
rpm was to slow to make the automatic transmission work but after
cutting the current back on the field to about 2 amp the motor had
plenty of rpm's .. We have lots of fine tuning to do but right now it
runs down the road on 300 to 400 amp ( 300v ) with an empty trailer ..
Here is a video of our 2nd ride.  mmmmmmmmmmm
--
Steve Clunn
Merging the best of the past with