After looking at the wording of the topic of:

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Fit-EV-Ice-Races-Against-Adirondack-Motor-Enthusiast-Club-ice-tp4667953.html
EVLN: Fit EV 'Ice-Races' Against Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club ice

I was thinking there might have been some confusion.
Is Bruce posting about racing ice?

No, is about an EV-racer that is driving his Honda Fit on a
frozen-ice-surface. Speaking about himself, according to his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalDistrictEVDrivers/
[*You need a Facebook account to view]

"Mike Kamm
Rumor has it that some nut with an electric car is planning to be the very
first EV to go ice racing with the Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club this
Sunday on Lake Algonquin in Wells, NY. Supposedly he's running on the first
set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded winter tires to have been specially
imported into the North America."

BTW: He just added another location where he plans to race his Fit EV in the
northeast's enduring frozen winter-wonderland:

Mike Kamm
EV ice races at the Lake George Winter Carnival? We can make it happen. We
have a unique opportunity for next weekend 2/22 and/or 2/23 during the Lake
George Winter Carnival. In between their own races, the Adirondack Motor
Enthusiast Club has offered us our own 5 lap race if I can get a few other
EV's to come out and join me on the custom plowed one mile frozen road race
course just off of Million Dollar Beach in the village. All you'll need is a
thirst for adventure and a helmet. As you might imagine, there is plenty of
ice this year and a check this week showed that there is 13" of ice right
now in the bay where the races will be held. This is the club's 49th year of
ice racing and safety is A.M.E.C.'s top priority. We've got helmets to loan
out of you need one. They say that when you get old your regrets aren't what
you did, but what you didn't do. Don't let this be one of them! This is your
chance to take center stage at the Lake George Winter Carnival ...
[images
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201656785681670&set=pcb.212442462288510&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201656838402988&set=pcb.212442462288510&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201656864083630&set=pcb.212442462288510&type=1