There are people listening to hate-talk radio and other hate media
outlets that spew their (paid-far) anti-this-or-that views.
The fact that you have EV signs makes you more of a target (I know this
all too well as I had EV signs all over my Blazer EV for years).

Also take a looks at
https://www.google.com/#q=electric+vehicle+hate
There is quite a bit of hate out there, so you are not alone.

The cng and lp conversion driver I have talked to over the years (with
signage of their conversions on their vehicle) never seem to be
harassed(?). Also see
https://www.google.com/#q=cng+vehicle+hate
https://www.google.com/#q=lp+vehicle+hate

My EV experience of this is of way back, today's experience will be
different. But back then, when I would go about visiting different EAA
Chapters, EV groups, and EV EVents, I noticed some EV promoters would
only put out their EV signage on their vehicle when they were at these
functions (safety in numbers?). I figured their area must not be as
accepting of EVs as where I lived. When the function was over, their EV
signage went back to their rear seat upside down so as not to encourage
EV-hater passer-by harassment.

If were driving an electric today (which is still in my future), I would
also have the desire to promote driving Electric with signage. But if in
your (or my) area, doing so you become a target, that advertising is
counter productive to your efforts (it may do more harm than good
because some people have been told to be dead-set-against EVs).

On the other hand, perhaps you are being a bit self absorbed (thinking
it is because you drive an EV) as when I am driving an ice, those near
misses also seem to happen to me as well (some drivers are just
wired-tired-jerks).

{brucedp.150m.com}

-