IMO, it is too soon to make any decision on the Kia Soul EV which is based on
one of their ice-model platforms, as it has not been released into buyers
hands yet to get driver feedback on the EV. If you like that EV, I would
wait until it is available and then join a Soul EV discussion forum
https://www.google.com/search?q=Soul+EV+forum
to obtain that actual owner feedback.

Here is a post I made about how Leaf drivers provided such feedback
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Critical-Mass-Leaf-community-shares-their-experiences-tp4668627.html

The wording or your previous question, and now this question (using the word
blacklisted), leaves me to feel you may still have the wrong/inaccurate idea
about compliance cars.

First, a compliance car speaks of the automaker's EV-commitment (how well
their EV is designed and supported, or either how long they will continue
making EVs, before they jump onto the fcv bandwagon, or just go all
phev/pih, etc.). This is also where how much of a marketing effort they make
comes in (whether the automaker spends the $ to advertize in the same way
that they do with their vehicles that have an ice, etc.).

Second, a compliance car may, or may-not have a following (buyers wanting
it) based on whether the EV has the abilities and features today's EV buyer
wants (fits the customer's needs, has a L3 ability, several driving modes,
at an affordable price, etc.).

Lets take the Honda Fit EV as an example.
Honda did pay for a few newswires to promote Fit EV sales, see
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Fit-EV-an-all-electric-Swiss-Army-knife-td4667925.html

A Fit EV driver loved-the-heck out of his, see
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Kamm-racing-his-Fit-EV-on-frozen-ice-surfaces-tp4667953.html

Yet, Honda limited its production to save money (showing their
non-EV-commitment), see
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Why-you-can-t-buy-Honda-s-2014-Fit-EV-in-North-America-td4667842.html

Then Honda met their quota, and stopped producing them, see
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Honda-will-end-Fit-EV-production-in-2014-Deja-vu-tp4668204.html

I could go on and on with other examples, but this automaker showed their
hand as not being committed to producing EVs. Loss of support after
production has stopped is a threat with an uncommitted automaker.

Yet, some drivers like their compliance EV. They like the way it looks (does
not look odd like an egg or Jetson's car, etc.). Some people are OK, with
its price and limitations.

I am seeing more and more Fiat 500e EVs on the road or in parking lots now.
I posted how their CEO whined that he does not like EVs
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Their-CEO-sez-Don-t-buy-the-Fiat-500e-EV-tp4669611.html
, yet people like their compliance EV

On the other hand, like the really sharp gal I talked who was a new Leaf EV
owner
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVangel-About-Ford-still-pushing-their-pih-One-smart-new-Leaf-driver-tp4669625.html
she had done her (research) homework and felt the Leaf EV (had the highest
trim with 6kW-L2 and  L3 options) was the best choice and deal for her.
Nissan is one of the automakers that has shown their EV-commitment and she
can bank on having long-term support for her EV. As well as a good resale
value if she every wants to trade-in or sell her Leaf EV.

You see it is not that the EV is necessarily blacklisted. It depends on the
buyer to decide if it fits their needs. As one of many EVangels, it is up to
us to cut through all the media hype and give the buying public the straight
facts and leads for more information (links, forums, etc.) so the buyer can
make an informed choice to buy, or not-buy a compliance car EV.

{brucedp.150m.com}

-
-