The gas tax was effective many years ago. It is insufficient now. Electric
cars are only a fraction of one percent of the vehicles on the roads. A
simple survey of the patterns of damaged paving on our roads will
demonstrate that automobiles are not damaging our streets. The roads are
damaged by heavy trucks. The automobiles, whether ICE, EV or hybrid, should
not be singled out for road maintenance funding. The trucks are carrying
goods which benefit everyone. Therefore the gas tax should be maintained at
present levels and a general sales tax increase should be enacted and
designated for highway maintenance.  Perhaps the food for the families, or
prescription medicines could be exempt. (As is done in Florida)

*Dennis Lee Miles *

*Director   **E.V.T.I. Inc.*

*E-Mail:*  *evprofes...@evprofessor.com* <evprofes...@evprofessor.com>

   *Phone #* *(863) 944-9913*