I previously posted
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-Tesla-Drops-Using-Model-E-Trademark-tp4669528.html
EVLN: Tesla Drops Using 'Model E' Trademark
May 15, 2014

 that Ford threatened to sue if Tesla did not drop using the Model E naming
(Tesla now calling that model the 'Gen III').

But the media is using that 'Model E' naming all over (the wires are a blaze
with 'Model E' items> lots of chatter & conjecture).

I do not think this is a couple of media outlet writers that did not know of
the threatened suit, but possibly all these writers are just hard-headed &
slow-to-know that like using the 'Model E' naming. Or, could they be handed
copy that uses naming, perhaps to encourage pre-order or investment
interest?. Could that be wishful thinking writing on their part to encourage
Gen III production interest?

A search brought up a Tesla Forum link
http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/model-e-presale-0
'Model E' Pre-sale
 from April 25, 2014

That forum also had a link
http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/model-e-rollout-2017
 that the 'Model E' is scheduled for 2017 from March 23, 2014.

There's a newswire from today has a video link of CEO Musk meeting touting a
'Model E' prototype
http://insideevs.com/elon-musk-tesla-model-e-prototype-to-be-revealed-in-early-2015-wvideo/
 ... Gen III (aka Tesla Model E) was again the center of discussion when
Elon Musk spoke to a gathered crowd in Germany.

Musk revealed a few Model E specifics that had not been discussed
previously:

 - Model E prototype to be revealed in 12 to 18 months (most like during Q1
of 2015)

 - Model E will have at least 300 km of range (186 miles), but probably
closer to 320 km or 199 miles

 - Model E will have a higher capacity battery option

 - Model E will cost approximately half the Model S

Most of the rest of the Model E-specific comments made by Musk are rehashes
of what we’ve heard from either him or Tesla before.

The Model E discussion starts at [the 2-minute] mark in the video ...

But the video is from 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EZETVF2tbpY
Tesla Motors challenges German Carmakers in their Home Country 2/2
Willi Wagner Oct 22, 2013
Elon Musk at Tesla Motors Service Center in Feldkirchen Germany
10/21/2013 Part 2/2

All this 'Model E' (now named as the 'Gen III') media noise does not have
enough actual information on any one of them to make an EVLN post (when I
find one, I will post it). And for the newbie stumbling across these, it can
be exciting even-though it is all based on opinion and old data/info.

IMO I look forward to the Tesla Gen III being on sale for the public to buy.
Tesla may not get as many CARB EV credits as the fcvs being pushed down the
public's throat so that Automakers can sell ice, but I am hoping the amount
of Gen III EVs will be at least as high as the number of Leaf EVs being sold
(the more EVs the better).

For all EVLN posts use:
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=evln&sort=date

{brucedp.150m.com}