The discharge rate of the cells should play into the calculations as well. If
the cells have a 3C max rate, 45 90 ah cells could produce about 52 HP (270
amps max@144v), resulting in a somewhat underpowered vehicle.
How much does exceeding the discharge rate reduce the life of the pack?  Is
there a discharge rate that, once passed, makes the pack subject to random cell
failures (i.e. more than 10C will damage the internal structure of a certain
brand cell )?

Tom Keenan