In principal, there is nothing wrong. The problem, in the US anyway, is that generally each company requires a membership to use their station. That is a completely ridiculous model, which might sound like a good customer loyalty program but, in fact, is a deterrent to using any charge station as it add risk that you might not be able to charge when you get there.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Roland via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Martin WINLOW" <m...@winlow.co.uk>; "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 09-Aug-14 6:14:17 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Tesla Vs UK's Ecotricity Dispute - More BackgroundInformation...

I see nothing wrong with different companies charging stations in a area. How about the gas stations. Some of our gas stations in my town in Montana from four different oil companies are all place on a intersection. They all get there product from the same refinery that is here own by the Canadians.

The oil comes from Canada in a pipe line that was just put in several years ago, crosses the border that did not have a problem like the XL pipe line does.

The charging stations get there electricity from the same source in a given area. We have 5 hydro dams here in our town where every body gets there power. Right now are summer rate is about $0.05 per kwh, the winter rate goes way up to $0.10 per kwh.

Does not matter where I charge, the price is the same.

Roland