Steve,

I watch EVTV off an on.  They are into golf carts and have a LiFePO4 pack
that will probably never fail - which is to say, last longer than a several
carts perhaps.  I believe it has a BMS built in.  You might see if you can
find the weekly show last year where Rickard showed in depth what they put
into them.

I am sure they are a premium package, but you might see something about
them that you like - or maybe you can deal with the higher cost balanced by
really good performance and reliability..

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Steve Clunn via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> I am working on some Golf Carts and portable 12V power packs that get used
> sporadically and may sit for months without use.
>
> I have contactor on one 12V and 36V that draws about 1 amp.  The problem
> is, if everything is happy, the Mini BMS Circuit keeps the contactor ON.
> Which draws enough current, that at some point, will drain the battery
> down.
>
> I am trying to come up with a way that the owner can walk away from this
> system, and come back to it and have it ready to go without having to
> switch switches OFF and ON.
>
> One thought I have had is to set it up with a transistor that controls the
> contactor.  And after so many hours, will turn OFF the contactor.  My
> thought was a Mosfet with a large Capacitor and a Momentary switch to
> charge the capacitor which would keep the contactor ON for maybe 10 hours
> while the Capacitor slowly drained down.
>
> Of course, the operator will have to engage this each time he uses the
> battery, but at least it will turn its self off automatically.
>
> I am wondering if anyone has any other ideas... that doesn't involve a
> micro processor.
>
> I am noticing that the smaller the parts that I am working on....the longer
> it seems to take !
> --
> Steve Clunn
> Merging the best of the past with