 Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: £75k York.uk 1st converted double-decker sightseeing
ebus (video)
 To: "EVDL Administrator" <evp...@drmm.net>, "EVDL Post Message"
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
 Date: Sunday, 21 September, 2014, 9:25

 Yes - your maths is
 better than mine!

 We have a
 very convoluted attitude to units.  We decimalised in the
 70's but it only really took for money.  Ever since we
 have painfully slowly been moving over to everything else.
 So, the weather man mostly talks about Celsius (but
 occasionally throws in a few imperial references to keep the
 older viewers happy).  Distances are still almost 100% in
 miles (sign posts etc).  Petrol is now virtually 100%
 metric.  Food is mostly metric except for markets who seem
 to be able to switch according to the customer's needs
 (but the law says it must be displayed and weighed
 metrically - still have people being arrested for doing it
 imperially!)  Cookery has gone over, too (thank goodness -
 what the blazes is a 'cup'?!... except we still use
 teaspoons and tablespoons liberally, though they have an
 accepted precise decimal equivalent - 5 & 10ml resp).
 Rather off topic!  MW

 On 21 Sep 2014, at 00:21, EVDL Administrator
 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>

 at 11:21, Martin WINLOW via EV wrote:

 >> 133kW LiFePO4 pack ... I'm a
 bit confused as to why it only gets 70
 >> miles or so range if it does 0.67
 miles per kWh...

 > Let's see, 0.67
 * 133 = 89 miles.  70 / 89 = 0.79.  So that 70 miles would

 > be roughly 80% of the theoretical
 maximum range.  Sounds to me as if - for
 > once - they're quoting the usable
 range, not the drop-dead maximum.  If so,
 > I say "bravo."
 >
 > PS - UK measures
 range in miles, not KM?

 http://www.evdl.org/help/
 > Note: mail sent to
 "evpost" and "etpost" addresses will not

 > reach me.  To send a private message,
 please obtain my
 the webpage http://www.evdl.org/help/ .