I saw the record breaking Stella in San Francisco.  A vehicle so efficient
cruising at  40 mph it's solar panels will charge the 16kw pack.  So efficient
you would never need to plug it in.  It would even return energy to the grid.
1t has 1.2 kw of solar on the roof.  The day time running system including
lights uses 50 watts. It uses 70psi German made tires.  About the width of a
Honda 90 tire.  It has two front hub motors.  The car has cruise control and
feedback for some controls on the steering wheel.  It has a fan and heat
element to defrost the rather large bubble front window.  It's about 3.5 feet
tall and all four seats are recumbent.  It has the battery pack running down
the center of the vehicle  which weighs 800 pounds.  You can find out more at
the University of Einhoven website.  I want to build one.  Lawrence Rhodes