I have a vintage Corbin VW adapter kit and the GE aircraft starter generator it
used, thinking of converting a bug I have laying around, would like to use a
more modern motor. I was wondering if anyone on the list had found a motor that
is a good fit HP and voltage wise (120v or so) for a bug? Would like to build
something freeway capable. Anyone here have real world experience with a bug
conversion? Dach.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" - Theodore Roosevelt

“We reached the old wolf in time to watch a fierce green fire dying in her eyes
I was young then, and full of trigger-itch; I thought that because fewer wolves
meant more
deer, that no wolves would mean hunters’ paradise. But after seeing the green
fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a
view.” - Aldo Leopold