http://www.smartmeters.com/british-gas-adds-evs-fleet/
British Gas Adds EVs to Fleet
December 8, 2014 Kathleen Tracy

[image
http://www.smartmeters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/BG-EV.jpg
BG EV
]

In what is billed as the UK’s largest ever electric vehicle trial, British
Gas has added 50 Nissan e-NV200 electric vans to its fleet, with plans to
add 50 more in early 2015. Colin Marriott, the utility’s general manager of
fleet, says he believes electric vehicles are essential to BG’s efforts to
reducing carbon emissions and limit the company’s environmental footprint.

In his BG blog, Marriott says it is vital “that we have an efficient and
reliable fleet that transports our engineers to where our customers’ need
them. But I also believe it’s important that we do this in a way that limits
our impact on the environment by from travel. Our electric vehicle orders
are the direct result of a successful six month trial which ended earlier
this year and involved 28 of our engineers driving more than 60,000 miles,
to assess the performance and viability of electric fleets over winter. I’m
proud to say that we are UK leaders for electric vehicle fleet transport and
the largest operators of e-NV200 vans in the world”

The trial showed that all-electric vehicles could be an effective part of
commercial fleets as well as being cost effective and user friendly. As a
result, BG has committed to having 10 percent of its 13,000 vehicle fleet
all-electric by 2017.

Repair engineer Paul Kidd reports, “I can sometimes spend hours each day
driving between customer’s homes, but the Nissan e-NV200 made that just a
little bit easier. It was smooth, stress-free. I would absolutely recommend
the van to other engineers.”

Research commissioned by BG found that companies that switched just 10
percent of its fleet EVs could reduce their carbon emissions by more than 5
percent and save an average of £350,000 ($546,000) each year.

Marriott adds: “I’m pleased to say that we recently secured two prizes at
the Green Fleet Awards, which recognises the achievements of strong
environmental fleet management and green motoring.”

BG also provides dedicated electric vehicle charging solutions and has
installed more than 6,400 charge points in the UK and its partnerships
include Nissan, Renault, Hitachi Capital, Toyota, Vauxhall and Volvo.
[© smartmeters.com]

[dated]
http://www.4wheelsnews.com/british-gas-orders-100-nissan-e-nv200-electric-vans-after-six-month-pilot/
British Gas orders 100 Nissan e-NV200 electric vans after six-month pilot
by Andrew Christian  | April 30, 2014

[images
http://www.4wheelsnews.com/images/news/31428/nissan_e-nv200_british_gas_6.jpg
e-NV200 British Gas

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/gallery/british-gas-orders-100-nissan-e-nv200-electric-vans-after-six-month-pilot/
gallery
]

British Gas has successfully ended its six-month winter trial of 28 Nissan
e-NV200 vans and has placed immediate order for 50 units, with 50 more bound
for delivery by the end of the calendar year. The nation-wide pilot of 28
vans is part of British Gas’ commitment of making 10 percent of its fleet of
13,000 home service vans are all-electric by 2017.

The six-month pilot that started in November 2013 had Nissan and British Gas
collaborate with Hitachi Capital Commercial Vehicle Solutions to manage the
fleet operations and Gateshead College to train drivers in how to drive the
e-NV200. Hitachi Capital will provide funding for the purchase as well as
manage the fleet of all-electric vehicles.

During the trial, the 28 e-NV200s covered over 60,000 miles between them.
The pilot was launched to evaluate how the vans performed in winter
conditions during typical British Gas home services daily usage patterns.
Paul Kidd, a British Gas Service & Repair engineer, remarked that the Nissan
e-NV200 made driving between customer’s homes “a little bit easier.”

He remarked that the van’s ride was smooth and stress-free, adding that he
was “really disappointed” when he had to give it back. He said he would
recommend the Nissan e-NV200 van to other engineers. Colin Marriott, general
manager of fleet at British Gas stated that they were “extremely impressed”
with the performance of the Nissan e-NV200 during the winter trial.

He noted feedback from their engineers speaks for itself, with the majority
of them wanting to keep the van permanently. He said that making an order of
100 Nissan e-NV200s demonstrates British Gas’ continued commitment to
leading the adoption of EV technology among large vehicle fleets in the
United Kingdom.

Jim Wright, Nissan GB managing director, said: “The success of this
closely-watched trial with one of Britain’s biggest organisations puts
Nissan in a great position in time for the official launch of the e-NV200
this June.  The feedback we have received from the British gas engineers has
been invaluable as it has ensured that the e-NV200 that goes on sale in June
is well-suited to British road and business conditions and we have high
expectations for its future and ongoing success.” [source: Nissan]
[© 4wheelsnews.com]

For EVLN posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/
http://www.evdl.org/archive/index.html#nabble+template%2FNamlServlet.jtp%3Fmacro%3Dsearch_page%26node%3D413529%26query%3DEVLN%2Bbrucedp2%26days%3D0%26sort%3Ddate

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/features/smartbuy/tech-news/flipkart-founders-invest-1-million-in-electric-vehicle-startup-ather/article6655648.ece
$1M Ather inve$tment> Faster Chennai.in-based 2whl-EV startup ts:80kph
http://www.livemint.com/Companies/3clSHtJaMbZHW0rprb2I8M/Flipkart-founders-invest-in-electric-vehicle-startup.html
Flipkart founders' Rs6.1crore Ather-EV start-up angel inve$tment

http://patch.com/connecticut/stamford/pedestrian-bridge-linking-harbor-point-stamford-transportation-center-opens-0
Juice Bar EVSE @Harbor Point neighborhood Gateway Garage Stamford, CT
+
EVLN: No, There is Nothing Wrong With Your Cold EV Battery!

{brucedp.150m.com}