Hi Cor,

Our 2001 Prius has now become my son's car. At first, he hated the Prius as a "geekmobile". But now that he's working and paying for his own gas, it's become "his" car. :-)

So, I bought my wife a Nissan Leaf. She loves it! We got a good deal on a 2013 model, at the end of the month when the dealer are desperate to sell.

Being that this is Minnesota and not California, there are no public charging stations within range. The only place with anything but 120vac outlets is the Nissan dealer. So we've been "making do" with just the 120vac level-1 cord that the car came with. That's pretty s-l-o-w...

I have 240vac in the garage, but Nissan wants a fortune for their Level 2 cord. You mentioned that you have some older Avcon charging stations? What would it take to convert one of these to charge a Leaf?

--
Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats. -- Howard Aiken